Ethan meets the first of the East Coast friends!My dear friend Leslie from NYC came out to meet Ethan this past Saturday and stayed through Tuesday morning. We had a fabulous visit, enjoying great food, company, catching up on our lives, and meeting my friends here. Leslie and I lived together back in DC over 15 years ago and we try to see one another a few times / year (usually in NYC) and so it was a real treat to show her the Seattle I have come to know. Most importantly, I was delighted she wanted to spend quality time (and her vacation time!) with EO. They hit it off just great and she was a tremendous help with household stuff and giving me a few extra hours of sleep in the morning. She even joined me for one of the monthly playgroup/meetings hosted by the local chapter of the Single Mothers by Choice group--a house filled with moms and their babies/toddlers (some adopted, some via anonymous donor---ah, the 21st century!) and the exchange of stories all kid-centric. Our grand finale was on Leslie's last night here---we strolled down to Serafina's and thought we'd see if we can enjoy a leisurely dinner outside while Ethan was sleeping in his car seat by our side...and we DID! Other friends came to also join us and the staff there were very excited to meet the latest Eastlaker and future Serafina patron. Salute!
Milestones: These two were for mom--me! Thanks to Kristin and her friend, Laura, I got to have my haircut on Friday while they took Ethan for a stroll to Greenlake (see photo to right). And over the weekend, my friend Leslie played with Ethan in the morning gazing at his favorite contrast cards, while I slept until 10 a.m.
So, Leslie left on Tuesday morning and parents arrived on Tuesday afternoon. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment