8.06.2008

Hardly solo...

Friends have been fabulous---while my day-to-day living changed overnight and I no longer was that friend you could call for a spontaneous drink or a late night dinner, my friends are still stopping by and calling on a regular basis.  Last night was wonderful as a few friends had independently called to see about stopping over around 9 pm to visit with me and Ethan. So, there we were, four single adults down on the floor playmat with a three-week old, cooing and taking few photos.  Lucky Ethan, I was thinking, to be surrounded with love and friendship.  And lucky me!

Lessons learned: No one day is the same and not to be too concerned about it!  On Sunday he was wide awake all day and on Monday, he must have slept 80% of the day!  Everyone tells me that this is normal and not to get wedded to the idea that we might soon have routine in our day.  While our feedings have been fairly consistent at three hour intervals, I think that will be as routine as we'll get for awhile. = )

No comments: