7.29.2008
Two Weeks Ago Monday....
Just two weeks ago, I was in the hospital room with Ethan, staying the night so that I could try my best to see that he was 'latching' onto the bottle and eating more so that the dr. would discharge him the next day. But equally as important, staying with him provided us the chance to get to know one another---it was all so surreal, as you might imagine. I could not believe that I was there holding this precious newborn in my arms and then, in some indescribable way, it felt entirely natural and that we were meant to find one another, as he has been in my heart for years. We just seemed to take to one another like the "sugar to the cane" (as my friend JT would say). So, this past Sunday, the celebrating of Ethan continued with a flow of visitors from 11 - 6 pm. Ethan and I began the morning with breakfast with Bob at our local 14 Carrrot Cafe, and then Stephanie came from Olympia to spend the day and help me with organizing, cooking, cleaning, etc. Kate stopped by with a great find from a yard sale (playmat), then Sara and Lowell and their kids, and Steve from work and his wife. And Becki stopped over...oh my! It was a full day for Ethan, indeed. Sleeping was a little rough that evening (perhaps too much stimulation or the "two week honeymoon" is over??) so we took it easy in the morning and then my friend and houseboat neighbor Derek came by around noon with his boys (also adopted through the same agency) and we headed to the zoo. Had a great afternoon--ethan slept through much of it but I'd like to think the fresh air was good for him! I kept him shaded whenever the sun was shining on his stroller and Derek's boys were
very gentle with him and careful not to touch his little sleepy, dreamy face! At one point, Ethan began to cry a little as we placed him in his carseat and Kepler tried to sooth him by saying "It's okay, Ethan." So dear! Aren't boys divine =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment