7.26.2008

Ethan's World: Day 13


We had a fine Saturday--Ethan was generous to give me a couple of extra hours of zzzz's this morning and that helped to boost our energy level for a long stroll this morning.  We met my friend Alison at Green Lake- a popular neighborhood park about 15 minutes from Seattle's center and 10 minutes from my home.  It includes a nice 2.8 mile loop around a recreational lake (formerly my running path and today, my stroller track!")  and Ethan certainly had company out there.  Many other strollers cruisin' around the lake, and most wee older ; )   We made it all around the lake--Ethan sleeping ever step of the way.  And mom was grateful to have her first bit of exercise since Ethan arrived in our world.  Alison also gave me the book The Secrets of The Baby Whisperer (thank you!) so I began to read that this afternoon.  Fascinating! 

Milestones du jour:  We strolled all of 2.8 miles!  We also fit in a little more play time on his tummy this afternoon where he was learning to push himself forward like an inchworm...little baby steps.

As for challenges du jour:  Well, I am not sure if this is a challenge or a gift!  But I fed Ethan at 9 pm last night, he was then fast asleep and around midnight, i took out a prepared bottle from the fridge to allow it time to get to room temperature so I'd be ready for the every 3 hour feeding.  Well,  'lo and behold he did not wake up until 3 am---that was a six hour stretch.  I have been going with the "on demand" feeding (v. structured) since he has been fairly consistent at wanting to eat every three hours but this was a little unusual--six hours!  He has since made up for it but that seemed a little too long for my comfort level.  Any guidance welcome here =)

And tonight, I think we will stay in and have some reading time together.  I just received two boxes of books from "Auntie" Stacey and her twins Max and Madison---I think we need to read a couple of those this evening! 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm just starting the adoption process and it's so heartening to hear your story. I'm sure you're having a wonderful time getting to know Ethan. Best.