
I find it hard to believe eight months have really gone by. And it's been incredible to have the support and shoulders (Trine and Kim to the left) of my closest friends and family to lean on when my spirits sink down a bit during the wait. I was in a few airports over the holiday season and a metaphor came to me that described what the wait feels like on occasion: sitting on the tarmac while other planes are taking off. You know your plane will take off eventually but it may be some time. I know this time is precious--time to spend with family and friends, take trips to new places, and find new adventures or explore new interests so I do try to make the most of it. Since my last post, I went to New Orleans for a friend's wedding, NYC to spend time with my fabulous cousins (see photo of Josh and Abe incognito) who were visiting from Australia,
Ho Ho Ho....Changes on the homefront
The holidays began with an early surprise from the owners of the houseboat I have been renting since I moved to Seattle four years ago---I learned I needed to move out by Feb 1 (consequences of their divorce settlement) so I quickly searched for a place (thank goodness for "Craig's List!") and found a great, brand spanking new condo loft up the street from the water. Two bedroom, two bath--a great space for me and the little pumpkin, and my parents and friends when they visit! I'll reserve Part II for the recent home and psychological preparations I have been up to! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment