For the first time, EO will be staying the night over at a friend's house without mom there -- Stephanie and Tim so graciously agreed to take Ethan in for an overnight, while I took some time for me. I was just making the list now for Stephanie and TIm about our routine and things to know about E. I try to ensure we have some semblance of a routine but there are also many things we do that I simply overlook as "routine" but would be wise to jot it down...such as: after the bath, we do the 'froggy hop' when I have EO wrapped in a towel (with a frog shape/design to it) and while holding him, he hops up (ribbet!) to see his face in the mirror--earns many laughs! Or how he likes to hold your hair while drinking his milk, or his requests for you to tell him a story (about a lizard, lion, or host of other creatures!). And then there is his request for snuggle time in the evening and again in the morning....it is often those tender moments in the late evening when our conversations are so sweet and so connected. I have no doubt EO will be in great hands---Stephanie and Tim will surely keep him well-entertained as it is also the Olympia Old-Time (Fiddle) Festival over the weekend so EO will be in fiddle heaven! I have packed his Uke should he want to take it with him to the festival at Evergreen State College, a few miles from Steph and Tim.
Well, 24 hours later, I picked up EO and he apparently had a blast and was overall well-behaved! Reportedly only one difficult moment when it was time to leave the music festival...well, of course!
Great to know it all worked out well! Stephanie shared the following video with me as evidence that EO was in his element and having a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment