2.10.2009

The Longest Day

...without EO.   
My day began early (for me!) as I headed out the door at the crack of dawn and under the threat of snowfall to catch a train (which turned out to be a bus!) from Seattle to Portland, attend a meeting for one hour, and then hop on the train back to Seattle. Typically for me, this would be an adventure; one that I would soak up every minute to experience the taste, sounds, and sights of a place less familiar to me.  I like Portland--in fact, I really enjoy Portland every time I have been there (soon a handful) and this was also a good visit and a worthwhile meeting but something was amiss: No EO sighting or playtime with mom for 12 hours! Three sitters later (special thanks to Becki, Kendal, Thila) and I was all but barreling through the door at 7 pm to get my EO fix before he went to bed.  Ahhhhh, home at last!  Some friends came over with a pizza pie and after they got some EO time, we called it a day.  The Longest Day (for mom!).

No comments: