
As the country hailed "Yes, we can" when our 44th President took office on Tuesday, I was back at the ranch cheering the same for my little guy, as he musters all his energy from his 6-month young immune system to take on
two viruses, back-to-back, this week (sigh). He is one 'strong' fella' as his given name (derived from
Eytan) reminds me every time I say it out loud. As a new parent, I am getting the lessons in! My dear friend Stacey, mom of twins and doctor, shared with me that it can be the Firsts that are the hardest (first fall, first stomach flu, etc.) and after then, you learn what you need to do next time and you know your baby well enough to know when to be concerned. Poor little EO just was not himself the past seven days--he is generally not one to fuss about nothing and when he stopped wanting to eat, or crawl around, I knew my little guy was feeling really down. As it turns out, he first had a stomach flu for a couple of days and then it moved into some head cold variety with a fever that sounded like it was moving fast toward his chest. I think the most effective remedy that took us over the hurdle last night was STEAM. I made a tent over his crib and then brought in the steam. This morning he woke up by my side and gave me his sweet little smile, as if saying, "Yes, Mom, We Can!"
No comments:
Post a Comment