
My brain was a little mushy but I must admit it was nice putting it to use in ways that did not include the tracking of feed and poop times! Somehow, I made it through the three days back at the office last week and even went back the next Monday (much to my boss's delight). It helped that my colleagues were so welcoming and also gentle on my 'schedule.' Prior to Ethan, a typical day would include 5-7 hours of meetings and for just this week, it has been significantly less--thank goodness. So, I could not ask for a smoother transition (well, perhaps a PT arrangement would top it!). Ethan seems to also be doing really well as expressed by his beaming smiles when he sees the nanny at 8:45 in the morning! He did exhibit some out-of-the-ordinary "diaper activity" (I'll spare the details in case he or his girlfriend is reading this 18 years down the road!). The nanny and I called the pediatrician when I got home from work that First Day to ask what might be going on and they ran through the questions and yes, he was eating, and yes, he was smiling and cheery. So, we concluded that it just might be his way of showing that indeed, something different was going on like "I used to see mom 24/7 and now there is a new face and voice in the picture for eight hours!" But here we are in week two and he is doing swell! Back to his regular routine and cheery self. And this means we have one cheery mom here, too!
Milestones du jour: Ethan slept in his crib the whole night for two nights in a row now! And this morning, awakened by some gurgling, I went into his room and found EO lying on his stomach and a bit perplexed--near frustrated-- about how to turn back over.
Challenge du jour: Beginning to introduce a bedtime routine and staying consistent with it--this entails the timing of eating and napping throughout the day so that we are ready for bed by 8 pm (yes, the hour I chose for "lights out"). We are reading a couple of books and then it's nighty-night but getting the timing down so we are in crib by 8 pm is the challenge. Tonight it was 9 pm---we'll so how that plays out come tomorrow morning.
2 comments:
So glad it's going well!
My little one breaks out big smiles for the babysitter, too. It's so nice to see that happen.
It sounds like things are going well! It's always hard going back to work, but it helps that he's in good hands. Take care!
Post a Comment